Our partnership with Generac and Honeywell means we are able to offer services like so other electrician in American Fork. When you hire us for your generator services, you know you are getting a technician who has gone through proper training provided straight from the source. Our work must pass certain quality checks before we can leave the job site.
Professional Generator Installation Near American Fork
Why does a family need a generator installed in their home? No one likes to be left in the dark — physically or otherwise. When the power goes out for an extended amount of time, you are risking a lot. You could be missing out on important news as well as you will literally be in the dark. Plus, with the power out for a long time, all of your grocery could go bad causing more in expenses. With generator installation, you are getting peace of mind and an added layer of safety for your family.
How does a generator work?
When a storm hits or a surge happens and takes your power out, a generator will switch on and get your power back up and running. With an automatic transfer switch, it will detect the issue and turn on by itself, providing you with power in seconds. You can be home or on the road, this will happen without you needing to lift a finger.
Once the power has been restored by the American Fork utility company, the generator will switch back off and allow power to flow from the provider.
How is an American Fork generator installed?
We make the whole process easy and we’re definitely not new to the process. As a preferred Generac and Honeywell vender, we’ve done this quite a bit of times.
First we choose the location. The best location will be where there is enough room for maintenance. If it’s close to a natural gas line, this may help to save some money.
After a location has been selected, we will lay a concreate slab or pea gravel for the foundation. The generator will be placed on top of this.
Once placed, the generator will be connected to the fuel line and a transfer switch so it can turn on automatically.
When everything is finalized, we will simulate an outage to make sure everything is running properly.
American Fork Generator Savings
Since Captain Electric is a preferred vendor, we are able to pass along some savings to you. Right now, we’re offering two warranties:
Generac Generator Warranty
7 year warranty on Generac Generators through Generac. $700 value — free to all Captain Electric of Utah customers. This warranty covers parts and labor up to 7 years from installation date.
Honeywell Generator Warranty
5 year comprehensive warranty on air-cooled emergency generators.
If you are looking to have a generator installed in American Fork, look no further! Give us a call to see what we can do for you!
American Fork Generator Repair Services
Once you have your generator installed, you must take good care of it. Maintenance should be done yearly but if you find yourself needing a repair, you can give us a call! Don’t wait until a storm hits and you’re left with a generator that doesn’t work.
Signs Your Generator Needs Repairs
Every once in a while your should physically examine your generator. If you notice any signs of damage, be sure to report that to us. Loose debris nearby could’ve fallen on the generator. Make sure to take a good look around!
Start up your generator every once in a while to make sure it’s still working properly. If you need help with this, we can show you how. If you notice that the generator is starting slowly, this may be a sign that it’s time for a repair.
When looking for physical damage to the generator itself, it’s a good idea to check for any damage to the electrical components. Pay close attention to the wiring, buttons, and connectors. Please make sure the generator is powered off before touching anything. If you see frayed wires or missing elements, get in touch — it’s time for a repair.
Leakage is a good sign it’s time for are repair. Fuel and coolant are the most common forms of liqud that help to power your generator. Call our office if you see or smell anything out of the ordinary.
No matter what the issue is, if you think something is wrong with your generator, just give us a call. We will gladly send someone out to help.
Yearly American Fork Generator Maintenance
In order to make sure your generator runs smoothly when you need it, it’s important to keep the generator properly maintained. A trained technician can take a look and make sure everything is working as expected as well as spot out issues before they become a bigger problem.
Over time, like all appliances, your generator will begin to deteriorate. With regular maintenance, you can be sure to get the most out of your generator. This is the best way to be sure your generator will be ready when you need it to be.
During yearly maintenance provided by Captain Electric of Utah, you get a lot. Many things need to be inspected, cleaned, added, or replaced. You can find a full list of generator maintenance items listed on this page.
Our team is proud to provide comprehensive yearly generator maintenance in Alpine. Be sure to call us today to see when we can stop by!
Generator Related Articles
- How To Fix a Generator That Won’t Start? - When you’re in the middle of an emergency and your generator refuses to start, it can be a very frustrating experience. However, there’s no cause for alarm. Whatever challenges you face while trying to switch on your generator can be easily resolved and you can go back to enjoying uninterrupted…
- Common Problems That Lead to Generator Repairs - Whole home generators are important as alternative sources of power for many households, especially if you are in areas that experience unexpected power outages as a result of heavy rain storms or hurricanes. But even the best of machines breaks down occasionally. Which is why knowing some common issues your…
- How Long Will My Standby Generator Last? - It is one thing to purchase a generator and another thing for the generator to serve as it should. Generators can run indefinitely as long as there is fuel and they are properly maintained. However, when it comes to lifespan, so many factors affect how long a standby generator should…
- Choosing The Right Size Generator For Your Home - Generators are Plan B’s for when there is a power outage and you need electricity. So, it is important to consider all the factors when purchasing or replacing a generator in your home. One of the most crucial decisions you will have to make is determining what size of generator…
- How Reliable Are Generac Generators? Alpine Electrician Answers - The average snowfall in Alpine, UT, is about 70 inches per year. Comparing that to the US average of 28 inches… it’s pretty high. With all that snowfall, you don’t want to get stuck with downed power lines and no electricity. This is where a whole home generator comes in.…
- How To Provide Backup Power To Your Home - It’s easy to take for granted the fact that you have an uninterrupted power supply. But what happens when there’s a sudden power outage? What happens when a storm-induced blackout leaves you without electricity for days on end? That’s why having a backup power supply for your home is an…
- Signs a Generator Repair May Be Needed - You might be familiar with that dreadful feeling that creeps up your spine when your generator won’t work during an emergency or power failure. A generator is supposed to be a backup power source and the last thing you need is for the generator not to work. It’s possible to…
- How To Find The Best Generator Repair Contractor - You need your generator to be there for you during a power outage. It’s the reason you purchased and installed it in the first place. But what happens when your generator needs repairs? You will need a generator repair contractor then. In this article, we’ll share practical tips to help…
- Complete Generator Services – Repair and Installation - If you’re a smart homeowner, you have already decided to install a generator or have it installed already. A generator is an essential part of your home, and it’s one of those things you later regret not installing sooner. What happens to your electrical power in a sudden power outage?…
- Importance of Generator Maintenance and Repair - If you depend solely on electricity in your home, then you do need a generator. You often have no idea when it will come in handy; however, you will appreciate it when it does. To work optimally, your generator will need regular maintenance and repairs from a professional. This way, there…