If you live in a home that was wired before 1950, there is a strong possibility that it needs to be rewired.
Prior to 1950, cloth insulation was common on household wiring. Over time, the cloth insulation deteriorates and falls away from the wire, leaving it bare. The chance of a bare wire sparking and starting a fire or shocking a family member is strong.
Your House Rewire Provo Specialist
Accordingly, the best course of action is to replace older wiring, for the safety of people and property. For more information about rewiring and to schedule an estimate, don’t hesitate to call us.
How do you know if your Provo home needs rewiring?
Here are some tip-offs that a house rewire might be needed:
- Your home was wired before 1950. In addition to cloth insulation, homes wired before 1950 sometimes have ungrounded electrical systems. The older the electrical system, the greater the need to have your house rewired by a Provo electrician.
- The wiring is insulated by cloth. Cloth insulation is substandard and poses a general fire safety hazard to your home.
- Your home is wired with Knob and Tube wiring. The oldest electrical systems employ a Knob and Tube, or Knob and Spool wiring system, including cloth insulation. Homes wired before 1935 are likely to have this system.
- Aluminum wiring is present. During the 1960’s and 1970’s, over 2 million homes were wired with aluminum wiring, a known fire hazard.
- An ungrounded system. Grounding conducts excess electricity out of the home and to the ground. Without this conduction, excess electricity is threatening to start a fire or deliver hazardous shocks to household members.
- You don’t have enough power. If your outlets are frequently crowded or circuit breakers often trip, consider getting a Provo electrician to rewire your home. Making excessive demands on your system can aggravate underlying electrical issues
- Using extension cords all the time. If those temporary extension cords became permanent installations, you need a better solution, like an upgraded electrical system installed by a Provo electrician.
For any of your home or business electrical needs, call us for a free consultation. We have experienced technicians who are ready to upgrade your wiring or electrical panel to meet your current and future needs.
Please Call us Today for your Provo House Rewire Installation.
Recent Blog Posts[sc:Blogposts]
[toggle title=”Read More”]
Recent News for Provo
- June 30, 2022UMaine Augusta names spring president's list – CentralMaine.com – Kennebec Journal and Morning Sentinel
- June 30, 2022BYU football, Tim McGraw at Stadium of Fire: Here’s our setlist – Deseret News
- June 30, 2022Organizations unveils new permanent supportive housing units | News, Sports, Jobs – Daily Herald
- June 29, 2022Utah Primary Election Results 2022 – The New York Times
- June 29, 2022Utah County Sheriff asking Sanpete citizens to report any knowledge of ritualistic sex abuse – Sanpete Messenger
- June 29, 2022Sir Colin Blakemore obituary – The Guardian
Sir Colin Blakemore obituary The Guardian
- June 29, 2022Watch PMQs LIVE: Angela Rayner grills Dominic Raab in House of Commons – Evening Standard
Watch PMQs LIVE: Angela Rayner grills Dominic Raab in House of Commons Evening Standard